Office of the President
Board of Trustees
The civil charter and the Bylaws place in the Board of Trustees ultimate responsibility for governance and sole responsibility for fiscal affairs of the University. The Board's membership is limited to fifty persons of whom twenty-four must be clerics of the Roman Catholic Church. The Chancellor, who is the Archbishop of Washington, and the President are members ex officio. The Board holds scheduled meetings four times each year. Its Executive Committee meets during intervals between Board meetings and on call by the Chairman and is empowered to act for the Board.
The officers of the Board--Chairman and Vice Chairman--are elected from the membership. Members serve terms of four years, and normally do not serve more than three terms in succession. The Chairman, the Chancellor, the President, and the chairmen of standing committees on Academic Affairs, Audit, Development, Finance, Student Life, Trusteeship and University Seminary are members ex officio of the Executive Committee, to which three other at-large members are elected by the membership. Non-voting membership in certain standing committees is extended to duly appointed members of the administration, faculties, and staffs, to undergraduate and post-baccalaureate students, and to externs.
- Carl A. Anderson, New Haven, Conn.
- Archbishop Samuel J. Aquila, Denver Colo.
- Lee Ann Joiner Brady, Skillman, N.J.
- Bishop Michael F. Burbidge, Raleigh, N.C.
- Timothy R. Busch, Esq., Irvine, Calif.
- Joseph L Carlini, Malvern, Pa.
- Archbishop Salvatore J. Cordileone, San Francisco, Calif.
- Leo A. Daly III, Washington, D.C.
- Bishop Nicholas A. DiMarzio, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Cardinal Daniel N. DiNardo, Houston, Texas
- Cardinal Timothy M. Dolan, New York, N.Y.
- Sister Janet Eisner, S.N.D., Boston, Mass.
- Bishop Kevin J. Farrell, Dallas, Texas
- John H. Garvey, President, Washington, D.C.
- Cardinal Francis E. George, O.M.I., Chicago, Ill.
- Archbishop José H. Gomez, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Archbishop Wilton D. Gregory, Atlanta, Ga.
- Stephen J. Kaneb, South Hampton, N.H.
- Archbishop Joseph E. Kurtz, Louisville, Ky.
- Archbishop Jerome E. Listecki, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Bishop Paul S. Loverde, Arlington, Va.
- Bishop Gregory J. Mansour, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Bishop Robert J. McManus, Worcester, Mass.
- James Moye, Fairfield, Conn.
- Mark A. Murray, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Archbishop John C. Nienstedt, St. Paul, Minn.
- Anne E. O'Donnell, M.D., Arlington, Va.
- Bishop Thomas J. Olmsted, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Cardinal Sean P. O'Malley, O.F.M. Cap., Braintree, Mass.
- Bishop Joseph A. Pepe, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Monsignor Walter R. Rossi, Washington, D.C.
- Catharine Murray Ryan, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Timothy C. Scheve, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Enrique Segura, Washington, D.C.
- Victor P. Smith, Esq., Indianapolis, Ind.
- Anthony R. Tersigni, St. Louis, Mo.
- Bishop Thomas J. Tobin, Providence, R.I.
- Monsignor Peter J. Vaghi, Bethesda, Md.
- Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron, Chairman, Detroit, Mich.
- Michael P. Warsaw, Birmingham, Ala.
- Archbishop Thomas G. Wenski, Miami, Fla.
- Anthony A. Williams, Esq., Washington, D.C.
- Carolyn Y. Woo, Baltimore, Md.
- Cardinal Donald W. Wuerl, Chancellor, Washington, D.C.
- Frank G. Persico, Secretary of the Board, Fulton, Md.
Board members are listed as of July 1, 2014.
To contact the Board of Trustees email: CUA-Trustees@cua.edu.